Image hosting by Photobucket
Monday, May 26, 2008

26 May 2008

Exactly one year ago, our relationship status changed from boyfriend-girlfriend to fiancé- fiancée when your family came over, and your mother made it official by slipping the engagement ring into my finger.

Weeks before, you unexpectedly proposed and slipped the proposal ring which you had bought secretly without my knowledge into my finger - whereby 7 months earlier, we were both nothing but perfect strangers.

Now about one and half years later, we’re on our final lapse of our fiancé-fiancée stage, to become husband and wife. 12 days to be exact. Just how time flies when a year became months and months became weeks and now, we’re just left with only days to our matrimonial union.

Just days.

It was just unbelievable the way everything happened.

I still find it surreal. Yes, surreal, in a good way.

September 2006 was the first time that we had actually communicated with each other. That was when I knew you existed.

October 2006 was the first time we’ve met each other for dinner, after countless times u asked me.

December 2006 was the time you decided to take the next step to a different level.

May 2007 you proposed and we proceed to the next bigger step and got engaged.

June 2008 …Our next biggest step ahead.

I believed that God sent us to each other and we found each other through some important people in our lives. I’ve never actually mentioned this, though, not directly, and I thought that it is only right to express my gratitude to those important few, in chronological order, from my part. I’m sure there’re others who helped you out along the way too. Thank you :-

Adibah – ur second cousin who is also one of my good friend from Poly. I don’t know what exactly she actually did, but if it’s not because of her, we wouldn’t have met each other.

Erni – one of my Perthlings who had actually encouraged and persuaded me to go and have that dinner with you in October 2006.

Siti Hajar - my cousin, who had somehow or rather interrogated you (without me knowing), and the one who told MY mum all about you (again without me knowing), and the rest is history now.

And lastly, YOU, of course for making it happen.

Of course, we had our other close friends and relatives to thank for, for what had been happening those years.

Today we celebrated our fist year of engagement. One year.

How much have we learnt?

Lots.

About each other.

About you. About me.

There’re still lots more to learn. With each other, with each other’s closest family, relatives and friends.

With days left now, we can only pray and hope for the best. For us and for the people around us. Insya-Allah.

Happy first year engagement, Sayang.

I look forward to June, to be with you, till forever.

xoxo


lynn-delysa just penned that down at 6:55 PM

about me
lynn delysa
|singapore|virgo|mid 20's|
|learner|ex-perth|fickled|


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.comGet awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.comGet awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com